RECYCLING FACILITY FORMAN
The Recycling Facility Foreman will provide the necessary leadership to plan, organize, direct, supervise, coordinate and control all daily activities of the facility in order to meet production goals and profitability objectives while maintaining and building good customer relationships.
- Consider safety foremost in daily operations by creating a culture of safety for both the facility and offsite jobs by holding each individual accountable for safe behavior. Ensure appropriate safety gear / equipment is worn at all times. Attend monthly safety meetings and make sure that OSHA standards and the company’s safety policies and guidelines are being promoted and enforced.
- Properly plan your work and utilize labor force and equipment to streamline task completion in the most efficient manner possible. Identify productivity issues and take action to resolve them before production and quality is negatively impacted.
- Responsible for mentoring employees. Ensure that skills are developed for a productive and safe work environment.
- Responsible for timely and accurate record keeping including but not limited to:
- Timecard entry
- Equipment hours
- Parts and material inventory
- Host DEP and DOT inspections.
- Conduct and record weekly toolbox talks.
- Update schedule board located in break trailer for employees as needed.
- Update equipment repair lists and forward equipment hours to administrative staff for documentation and distribution to HED Shop.
- Complete miscellaneous projects or tasks as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Maintain company vehicle with tools and spare parts for operations outside of the yard. Keep truck clean, report damage, and drive professionally.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Have a working knowledge of products being sold and machinery used in the facility.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are needed to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship builder; able to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion and diplomacy with all internal and external customers. Ability to establish new viable business relationships when the opportunity presents itself.
- OSHA 30 hour
- CPR / AED and Basic First Aid